Joint stakeholder workshop, March 26, 2019 & EuroMix project meeting March 27, 2019
Save the dates!
A joint stakeholder workshop entitled “The Chemical Cocktail Challenge”, will be held by the two H2020-funded projects, EDC-MixRisk & EuroMix, in Brussels on March 26, 2019.
The event will serve as the final conference of the two successful EU projects, EDC-MixRisk and EuroMix, bringing together key scientists, researchers, policy makers, and stakeholders from authorities, industry and civil society. Both projects will present key results and demonstrate new tools and approaches for risk assessment of combined exposure to multiple chemicals (mixtures) and how these could benefit future European food and chemical safety policy.
The Chemical Cocktail Challenge joint stakeholder workshop will be followed by project-specific meetings on March 27, 2019.
Registration for public to both events will open later & more details will follow in due course.
8th Consortium meeting EuroMix
Date: 29-31 October 2018 Venue: Berlin, Germany
Aim of the meeing:
- To present the EuroMix test strategy for the selected endpoints (liver steatosis, skeletal malformation/cleft palate and endocrine balance);
- To present the first results of the in vivo studies;
- Comparing in vitro and in vivo results for the A, B and C chemicals using the PB-PK models either as part of the EuroMix toolbox (preferable) or as stand-alone models;
- To try out on how to use the EuroMix toolbox with the data generated in the EuroMix project and to start using the EuroMix toolbox;
- Overview of the exposure calculations and how different scenarios might impact on the Margin of Exposure;
- Show cases and practical guidance to demonstrate the potential of the EuroMix concept and tools;
- To align EuroMix results with needs of OECD and EFSA for as far as applicable/useful;
- Harmonisation and WHO expert consultation workshops;
- Second stakeholder conference and dissemination.
7th Consortium meeting EuroMix
Date: 23-25 April 2018 Venue: Athens, Greece
Aim of the meeing:
- To integrate TTC, QSARs and molecular docking as lower tier assessment for setting test priorities;
- To present information from the testing and to discuss how test information can be used in future risk assessment of mixtures;
- To provide an update on the animial studies according to the agreed protocols;
- To progress on generic and specific IVIVE model and aggregated exposure models;
- To start thinking about EuroMix follow-up and the applicability of the EuroMix tools (show cases) for JRC, EFSA and other stakeholders
6th Consortium meeting EuroMix
Date: 8-10 November 2017 Venue: Ghent, Belgium
EuroMix, will organise two workshops in May 2017 at the Thon Hotel EU in Brussels, Belgium.
The second EuroMix Workshop on ‘International Harmonisation of Approaches to the Risk Assessment of Combined Exposure to Chemicals’ will take place on 17 May 2017 and the first EuroMix Stakeholders’ Workshop entitled ‘Towards Harmonisation of Implementation of Test Strategies for Chemical Mixtures in Europe’ will take place on 18 May 2017.
Fifth consortium meeting EuroMix
Date: 4th-6th April 2017 Venue: Ljubljana, Slovenia
EuroMix mid-term Review M1-M18 Meeting
Date: 8 February 2017 Venue: Brussels, Belgium
EuroMix project organises training for stakeholders from industry, authorities and NGOs in February-March 2017.
The aim of the training is to provide
- Understanding of the overall strategy for testing and risk assessment of mixtures developed in EuroMix
- Understanding of how Adverse Outcome Pathways (AOPs) can contribute to mixture testing and risk assessment
- Understanding of how QSAR can be used to inform mixture testing
- Understanding of how exposure driven approaches can be used in the strategy for risk assessment of mixtures and the use of MCRA tool
This is a one-day training and the draft training programme is available here.
For registration and any questions please contact:
Johanna Zilliacus, Horizontal activity leader for training in EuroMix, Karolinska Institutet.
First workshop on international harmonisation on the risk assessment of combined exposures to chemicals
Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, UK
20 -21 October 2016
Fourth consortium meeting EuroMix
Date: 8-10 November 2016 Venue: Tarragona, Spain
Held on 18-19 May 2016 in the Netherlands. The symposium is organised in the period the Netherlands has the Precedency over the European Commission. It is a good opportunity to put mixture testing and risk assessment on the European agenda.
Please find more information and registration on EFSA-RIVM-Symposium
Third consortium meeting EuroMix
Date: 13-15 April 2016 Venue: Zurich, Switzerland
Second Consortium Meeting EuroMix
Date: 23 and 24 November 2015 Venue: Larnaca Cyprus