The overall objective of the project is to establish and to disseminate new, efficient, validated test strategies for the toxicity of chemicals in a mixture aiming to deliver refined information for future safety assessment of chemicals. This includes exposure assessment via multiple exposure routes.
Specific objects are:
- Determine a refined grouping strategy for cumulative assessment groups.
- Establish criteria for prioritisation of chemicals for carrying out mixture testing.
- Verify the reliability of in silico methods and in vitro bioassays against in vivo animal tests.
- Determine how to extrapolate the results of in vitro bioassays and in silico models to humans.
- Develop harmonised tools and models for performing realistic assessment of chemical mixtures.